Saturday, July 18, 2009

Powerpoint is driving me to drink (almost) - May 24

I downloaded a new program...didn't work to convert the powerpoint to a video file.

So uninstalled it today - and found a new one. Installed it and it got right to work. Easy to use - until right at the end. It kept telling me that my dvd's were full when i was pulling them out of the packaging.

So dug through my computer programs and found one that was compatible and used it. YIPPEE - MADE A DVD. But it won't work on my dvd player. It does, however, work on Bailey's "el-cheapo" dvd player.

And we discovered a problem. One of the slides stuck or something during the conversion process. The music keeps playing. then the slide unsticks and everything proceeds with no music until the next slide that has music attached.

All of this took me SIX HOURS.

I am almost ready to TOSS my computer or something.

Oh...and because I downloaded a trial version, there is a watermark (says "unregistered program") on the bottom of each slide now.

I called the bowling co-ordinator and discussed with her and I am going to call the support line for the program and if the purchased version will fix this problem and we can go with the 2007 version then we will share the cost of purchasing.

I WILL NEVER DO ANOTHER ONE OF THESE!!! (unless everything else goes smooth). LOL

No comments: