Saturday, July 18, 2009

Nationals - Awards Ceremony

After the girls were announced as the winners of their event at the lanes, everyone headed out for dinner. The teams all went to the Legion for a Victory dinner. The parents headed off to restaurants of their choosing.\

It was then off to Oshawa again. This time we needed tickets and were assigned seats. I really wasn't happy with that as our seats were fairly high up and off to the side. I was not holding out much hope for good pics. Plus the fact that I was almost too tired to hold up my camera with the big long heavy lens. LOL

I also had almost NO voice left after all the screaming (oops I mean cheering) at the lanes.

While they seemed to keep the awards moving quickly it still took forever!!!

The girls event was called first at Nationals (compared to Provincials where it was called last).
The girls walking up onto the podium:

Coach Kevin following:

Receiving their medals and flowers:

At last - VICTORY!!:


Then all the other events. I am proud to say that Alberta did VERY WELL!!!





The ceremonies completed around 11 pm and then we were off to Toronto to the hotel to pack. The kids stayed outside for a bit at the hotel trading shirts and more pins etc. Getting phone numbers and e-mail addresses to keep up with their newfound bowling friends.

This weekend was a blast for all involved.

No comments: