Saturday, July 18, 2009

The perfect birthday present

Hubby and kids went shopping on Friday and bought my birthday gift. It is an external hard drive. ONE TERABYTE. A massive load of room!!!

I was sooo excited. Attached it to the laptop to get an error. it runs on a 32-bit system. My laptop is a 64. Well, crap. After two days of messing with it, trying to find a support line or e-mail addy. Doyle finally said "call Future Shop".

So I did. The tech there had me go into the drive, make a new folder and put the autorun programs into it. That would "shut them off". He then said "treat the hard drive like it is another "folder" and just copy and move stuff onto it like you would from one folder to another.

So I am moving all my laptop pics right now. All 21 GB of them. EEPS. I will do the same with my documents and music.

Will then head over to my desk top and do the same. It will be so nice not to have PILES and PILES of cd's laying around as backups now.

No comments: