Sunday, July 5, 2009

Gunner came home - April 24

The little man is home - and boy does he seem small compared to everyone else. LOL

We went over to Jason's late yesterday afternoon and met up with Melissa.

Met up with Melissa and she warmed him up,



worked the flag



and worked a buffalo.






And did it really well. Jason had to get after her a couple times but overall said she is doing really well, and that Gunner likes working for her. Probably because she is not wearing spurs so he can be lazy. LOL

Jason also asked Melissa if she would like to show in some smaller ARCHA shows this summer in the beginner "Ranch" classes. She lit up and said "yes". Then looked at me and said "can I???" Jason said the classes are small, great for starting out, not hard competition so she can get her feet wet and not feel really dumb. He also said everyone is also very helpful which she would not get at an NCHA show. So we are going to try a couple.

He also said that in July if we want to haul to his place a couple days a week, he would be willing to work with both Melissa and Gunner for these smaller shows.

So it was a good ending.

Oh...I also rode Gunner - I cooled him out. Did a few things with him...asked Jason if I was still doing them right and he said yes. So YIPPEE...I retained something in my old age!!!

No comments: