Saturday, July 18, 2009

Horse time - May 12

I went out and spent some time with the horses this morning - it is a beautiful day today.

Spent time with the bigger group - Ace, Angel, Lance, Cuba and Skeena - patting everyone. Then went and saw Gunner - and wished again he would finally settle in and calm down so he could go out on pasture. Maybe once the girls are all bred, he can live with them.

Then thought I would grab up a shedding blade and head out to Dolly, Ding and Rondee. Ding is always happy to see the shedding blade - and so is Dolly. Today, however, I had to follow them out into the big pasture. I got Ding done from head to toe - and am happy to report that she is filling out again. The grass is really coming in and she is getting grain 2 x per day.

Then it was Dolly's turn. She is not high on the totem pole, so I only managed to get one side done but she was very happy with that much.

Then I tried once again with Rondee. I have been out there 3 or 4 times and tried and she has just said "nope...not today". Until today. I started on her neck and then went to the shoulder, making sure to give her the room to leave if she wanted. I did the one side but when I went to do her other side, she stepped away...at least until she saw me turn my back on her to do Ding again. Then she bumped my shoulder, so I turned around and did her other side.

I love it when they decide they want the attention. I think it makes for a better relationship.

No comments: