Saturday, January 24, 2009

What a hassle - Dec 24

I woke up on Christmas Eve day with a few things left to do:

1. Drive into the city to pick up our Family Pics that were taken on Dec 14.
2. Go to the Liquor Store and stock up before the family gathering on the 26th.
3. Get supper from Stawnichy's meat house - BBQ ribs that just require heating.
4. Get Mark and Luke their final gifts.
5. Do a little more "man in the red suit" shopping.

Sounds pretty easy and straight forward right?

Well, it sure WASN'T.

I got to Wal-Mart to pick up the pics only to see the line from hell. Stood there for almost 45 minutes before it was my turn. They grabbed the envelope and went through the pics with me. I said "they aren't all here". They said "are you sure". "Umm...YUP". The girl tried to go through them with me...but the line was horrendously long and I said "look...let me take these over there and I will write on my copy what is missing". She said "okay.". So I went over to a little chair, sat down and figured out that more than half of our picture package was missing. NOT IMPRESSED.

So back up to the counter I go...with my sheet in hand. They look all over for another envelop but nothing is found. So the girl says "I will make a new CD and take it to the photolab and make your pics". I asked how long it is going to take and she says "at least 45 minutes". As I had other stuff to do, I said "okay." and left.

So off I go to the liquor store...where the line-ups are even longer. I get all we need, head out the door. Many thanks to the nice gentleman who opened the doors for little me with the little box. LOL

Then it is off to Future Shop to get Mark's gift...the bank to get Luke the rest of his. And then off to Superstore to get the "red suited man's" stuff for the stockings.

Final stop is Stawnichy's Meat House for their absolutely fantasic ribs. I also grabbed some of their famous sausage.

Headed back to WalMart with time to spare...so I wondered around there and found one more gift.

Went to the photolab...and guess what - NOTHING WAS DONE. The girl I had been dealing with, who ended up being the district manager, had left and not left instructions that this was to be done. I lost it!!! I had to wait for yet another 45 minutes while the CD was made and the pictures were processed.

So again, to kill time...I did more shopping. This time at IGA.

In the meantime, Doyle and the kids were at home cleaning the house. And my parents were expected for dinner...jof which, I had it in the car with me (the ribs).

I finally got out of the city after 6 hours...it was HORRIBLE.

No comments: