Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A long travel day - Jan 18

This would prove to be one of the longest days in my life that I can remember.

I didn't sleep well at all after the devasation of the night before. I did make a bunch of phone calls about her to friends and family. And remembering some of the good times did help.

It was an absolutely beautiful day outside. We went for a quick breakfast after finishing packing and calling the bellboys to get our luggage. We packed a small carry-on with our jeans etc. to change into before heading to the airport.

We went to the pool after eating and while the kids swam, Doyle and I soaked up the sun.

At noon, we headed back to the lobby to change and took the kids over to the crocodile pens that we had found on Thursday. They have the big momma croc by herself...and a bunch of different size babies in glass sided pens for people to see.





We also saw a few really colorful birds on the way to the lobby. It was weird. We had been there for 14 days and had never seen these.



Our plane rides were uneventful. Shayne and I worked on his english essay and got a really good start on it. And Bailey and I finished her math.

We arrived home around 2 am on Monday the 19th. The weather was really nice for this time of year...with a temperature of -4C.

Melissa was waiting up for us...and we both had a good cry. Her first words to me were "don't hate me". I reassured her that she did the absolute best job in the world and I couldn't have been more proud of her.

No comments: