Saturday, January 24, 2009

New renovations started in the house

During my cleaning spree before Christmas, I had mentioned to Doyle that it would be so nice if the hallway going into the backroom from the tv room was wider - just in passing mind you.

It was only around 2 1/2 feet - way narrower than the norm...so in some ways it was hard to move stuff around back there.

Anyways...I went to town one day only to come home to this:


The entire wall of the spare room was gone...the wall to my storage room at the top of the stairs was gone...and part of the tv room wall was gone.


And what the heck were people thinking "way back when". Look at the ugly wallpaper we found under the beautiful pine slats on teh wall.


OMG - I started a monster. I really did not want this started before Christmas with all the other stuff we needed to get done. And I had thought that the kitchen was our next project...guess I was wrong.

But it got done...or as done as possible in the time frame. We have to finish the walls...put up doors on the storage room and then widen the doorway into the backroom.

I have to admit it is really nice to be able to walk through the one doorway straight when carrying things. And the ability to get into the storage room is much nicer from this direction.

Doyle was also able to utilize the shelving unit that his dad made us 10 years ago when we were living in the mobile home.

More pictures to come once it is complete.

No comments: