Friday, January 23, 2009

Busy times

OH BOY...Did I ever get behind again.

I am going to be doing some serious backtracking to get my blog caught up and I hope I don't miss anything.

The month of December was hectic for us as usual with all the birthdays in the family as well as getting ready for Christmas.

This year, I got a headstart on the shopping and thought I had everything done...but alas...i didn't.

I also went the extra "mile" or more in cleaning this year...for my Mom.

Mom's health has not been good. She was diagnosed with COPD last February and has been struggling to get her medication in order so that it is working the best way it can for her. She has also been trying to exercise etc. She has also quit smoking - I AM SOOO PROUD OF HER FOR THAT ALONE!!!

Her doctor's have recommended that she try to not be around cats (due to allergies) and smokers. Well, in my house that can be hard as I have to smokers living here and we have three hosue cats.

I bought a small steamcleaner (carpet cleaner machine) and set to work in early December cleaning EVERYTHING. I did all the carpets in the house - even the small kitchen rubberbacked rugs...and then started on the furniture. Every piece in the upstairs of the house that could be done got done.

Needless to say, I was EXHAUSTED by the end of the two weeks. But very proud of myself for setting the goal and in attaining it.

No comments: