Sunday, January 25, 2009

Last minute shopping

Shayne, Bailey and I headed out to get some last minute things for our vacation in Mexico. Both of the kids needed new bathing suits and shorts.

HOW HARD CAN IT BE???

Well, you try buying stuff like that in the middle of winter in Canada. It is FREEZING outside.

We headed for Kingsway Mall because I know there are two bathing suit stores there...only to find that one has closed. I ended up spending a SMALL fortune on a bathing suit for each of them. But they are happy...so all is good.

We also had to go shopping for snorkeling gear for Doyle and I...or it was supposed to be just for us. But it turns out that the snorkeling gear that my parents bought Shayne and Bailey a couple years ago doesn't fit them anymore.

I found "The Dive Outfitters" online and we proceeded to head over to their store. We found exactly what we were looking for.

Bailey and I got the smaller, less expensive snorkeling sets (fins, mask and snorkel in a web mesh bag.


Doyle and Shayne (the swimmers) got a more expensive set - the mask and fins are the same but it is a better snorkel. Their sets came in nicer bags and also had underwater reusable cameras in them.


We also bought two snorkeling vests for Bailey and I.


After going to the Dive Outfitters, we all headed to Chapters to grab some more reading material for the trip. We also hit the health food store for some anti "montezuma's revenge" medicine.

When we got home, I managed to re-pack all 4 snorkel sets into the two nicer bags and then put them into one large suitcase (it also held all our flip flops which was nice).

No comments: