Sunday, January 25, 2009

My "Lucky" dilemna

My old girl has not been looking good. She has gotten even more finicky with her eating over the last couple of weeks...and I am getting worried.

I know she is old...and I know that I can only do so much...but it is frustrating.

She is driving me nuts.

One day she is just a pig...eats everything that we put in front of her...then the next she doesn't want a thing.

She is picking at her hay too...which is not normal...but then maybe it is as her teeth are not great anymore.

I am at a loss.

I have told Melissa to just play with what she is getting for food. We have put two black grain buckets in her stall...one with senior feed...one with oats and beet pulp. I told Melissa to just keep them topped up...and to feed her all the hay she seems to want.

No comments: