Friday, October 24, 2008

What a hassle

it is to use travel vouchers.

We are going to Cancun, Mexico in January. I was being "all good" and everything in my booking of the airfare...trying to use our travel vouchers that we received after our debacle of a trip for our cruise last February when they lost our luggage.

Anyways. I was on United.ca - and then realized that I had to call in to use our vouchers. So I did this...went through this HUGE verbal system where I had to tell them the flights I wanted - spell everyone's names etc. I just reserved the tickets so I could talk to someone. Well, it turns out that MEXICO IS NOT ON THEIR DESIGNATED LIST OF PLACES YOU CAN FLY TO. Good lord.

Same with American - who we also have vouchers from. They CAN'T be used on flights originating in CANADA. Go figure...why the hell would you send someone vouchers that they can't use - see we live in CANADA.

You also can't use these vouchers on flights that start with one carrier and end with another.

They get you coming and going don't they.

So now I am on the look out for maybe some weekend trip that Doyle and I can go on to use the vouchers. Too bad most of the costs of those trips will be OUTRAGEOUS.

No comments: