Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sept 16 - Job update

Well, like all good things do - my job is coming to a close next Thursday (the 25th). And the prospective job at Shell did not materialize like they have been
telling us for the last 6 months. Apparently the build at Shell is 5 months behind so the soonest I could get out there is Feb. That doesn't work too well for me.

They did ask if I would consider going up north to Fort McMurray - but I just can't leave for any long periods of time with the horses and kids. And living in a camp would drive me NUTS.

I have applied at 3 companies since Sunday and have 2 interviews lined up. One is tomorrow and the other is on Thursday. The one tomorrow is just basic reception from what I gathered on the phone. The other is for another industrial construction company doing the same work as I am now. So that is great.

No comments: