Friday, October 17, 2008

Turkey Soup Day

Normally I make my turkey soup within 2 days of Thanksgiving...thus ensuring LOTS of turkey in the soup.

Well, with going to Calgary getting in the way...the turkey soup is going to be a little sparce on turkey. OH WELL...they were told to NOT eat the turkey leftovers.

I got the soup started at 11 - simmering everything up (left over turkey pieces, gravy, mashed potatoes). This helps soften the meat making it easier to get into little pieces. The gravy and mashed potatoes make the broth really nice and flavorful.

Now it is time to add the veggies and chunked potatoes. In about 45 minutes I will add a bit of shell macaroni and the soup will be ready to eat before Doyle goes to work and the kids get home from school.

Hopefully, we will have enough soup to last for supper tomorrow night too.

I LOVE TURKEY SOUP !!!

No comments: