Friday, October 31, 2008

Just a short rant

Kids and parties?

I know kids are going to drink. I did it...my three oldest did it. But it seems to get younger and younger that they start.

Is it better if there are adults there to supervise? If parents have given their consent?

What age would you give the okay for your kids to go to a party - knowing that there will be alcohol there - free flowing???

Maybe I am a stick in the mud. But I don't think kids should be "drinking to get drunk" until they are in their later teens.

Thoughts??? Feelings??? Experiences???

1 comment:

Paige said...

I figure it is going to happen once they are freshman or sophomores for sure, but that does not mean I would consent to it.

They ought to have to lie about where they are and what they are doing, like we did!