Thursday, October 23, 2008

Hay has arrived

Well, half of it.

It is nice stuff too. The bales are soft core - so we may go through them faster than expected. I think we will get 10 more just to be on the safe side.

We put the first one out yesterday for Hyde and Molson. That was hilarious.

Hyde wanted the bale all to himself...and tried as hard as he could to keep Molson off it. He put his chest right up to the bale...stood almost on his tiptoes to see over the bale (and when you are maybe 14hh that is hard) to see where Molson was. He spent probably the first 1/2 hr running around the bale trying to chase Molson off. Molson would just walk around and take another bite.

Within 2 hrs, they were standing side by side eating. I think they are buddies.

2 comments:

Paige said...

What is a soft core bale? i have never heard that phrase until you said it

Carrie T said...

A soft core bale is what we call one that isn't really tight. They look "mushy" when laying on their side.

I can put my arm almost to my elbow into the middle of the bale. I will take a pic and post it.