Thursday, October 23, 2008

Interesting healthy eating idea

While sitting at bowling last night, I got to talking to one of the dad's that came in to pick up his two girls.

We got onto the topic of healthy eating after Bailey came up and asked if we were going to McDonald's.

He said that there was a study out that showed that if you only ate items that you could buy from the "outside walls" of a grocery store for a month, you would lose weight and be a lot healthier. I thought about it in terms of the grocery store across the road from the bowling alley and boy...it sure makes sense.

On the outside walls of most grocery stores, you will have your aisle of fruits and vegetables, your deli and bakery and your meat department. Nothing processed or boxed for the most part.

It was a very neat conversation. And then towards the end of it...I found out that he is one of the local chiropractors and his wife is a nutritionist/personal trainer. They have a joint office in Vegreville. I asked him a few questions about my back and my health and he said "come in and we will see if we can help you - do some chiropractic work but mainly get my wife working with you for fitness and healthy eating".

I am going to go in and see them early next week.

No comments: