Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Back to work

Well, it was back to the daily grind after our vacation. And what a couple of weeks it was.

The other Admin took her days off that she had accumulated while I was away plus a vacation day so that left me holding down the fort for 5 days. During that time, I went on a job interview for Bantrel Construction.

They do "oilsands" construction...building oil and gas refineries.

It was a very interesting interview. Very short and to the point. I then went home and stewed about it over the weekend.

Finally, called them on Tuesday as they had said I would know either way by Monday afternoon if I had gotten the job.

Turns out that their HR department in another city was to let me know. They finally did after they found out that I had not received the OFFER PACKAGE.

So I am off to another job starting the 17th of September. While exciting it is also scary. I hate the "new" part of a new position. But never seem to have problems acclimatizing myself.

It will be an interesting position in any event. The job is at the Petro-Canada refinery where Doyle (hubby) works and we will be seeing quite a lot of each other as apparently, our working trailers are within a 5 minute walk from each other. Not sure exactly whether that is a good or a bad thing. LOL

The job is temp - until mid summer 2008 - with a possibility of being asked to go along to the next build.

So we shall see.

Carrie

No comments: