Monday, September 17, 2007

New day - new job

Well, my first Monday of getting up early didn't start off so well. We had a small power outage on Saturday and I thought I had set my clock right last night - but NOPE - not me. If anything will go wrong and can go wrong - it will - to me. LOL

So I slept in until 6. Supposed to be gone by 6:30 but I have 45 minutes of routine stuff to get done. So I was a little behind.

Melissa had to go to St. Albert this morning and while I got her there - she was 15 minutes late. I then had to go back all the way across the city to get back to my job.

The wildcat strike is still going on so the company I am now working for only has 15% of it's workforce there right now. So at least I am going to get lots of good training instead of "here ya go". LOL

I am working this week from 9:30 - 5:30 - instead of 7 - 5:30. But we are still being paid for the full 10 hr day - which is great.

So tomorrow is another day. Hope it goes as good as this one.

Carrie

3 comments:

Paige said...

Sounds like a nice way to ease into it!

Desiree Thomas said...

Don't you just love electricity LOL...

Elly'sMom said...

So how is the new job fairing Carrie? Do you like it? Are you learning all kinds of new stuff?

When do they think the strike will be over? Shouldn't last to much longer I wouldn't think. Ppl need to eat and the union's usually only cover a certain % of the base pay while on strike, if they do it that way that is.