Tuesday, September 4, 2007

New doctor for myself

I have gone back to my old chiropractor in Red Deer. It is a little bit of a drive - just over 1 1/2 hours one way. But boy am I ever glad.

I saw him for the first time on our first day of vacation and felt great for almost 3 weeks. That in itself is amazing as I normally don't get more than 2 days of relief.

He took a bunch of x-rays (low back, hip and shoulder) to compare them with the results from the people I was seeing in Edmonton.

On Sunday, Melissa and I drove down and saw him. He showed me my x-ray and said there is a little bit of change from the x-rays he took of me 5 years ago but nothing major. Just mostly muscle damage from things never being put back properly.

So he did another major adjustment and I was pretty sore but we were spending the night at a hotel and we made sure it had a hottub. So spent a good hour in it and got loosened up.

Saw him again on Monday and he said things are feeling a bit better joint wise but still not great muscle wise.

He told me to "get active" and I would start feeling better. But it would take a while - maybe a year or so - but I would SURVIVE. I am soo thankful I went back to him.

Carrie

No comments: