Thursday, September 13, 2007

2nd last day

at my old job was today.

It was a relief to go in and not have anything "up in the air"...no "nastiness" to deal with about anything.

It was pretty relaxed which was perfect after yesterday.

We had a "good-bye potluck" lunch for me...and people I hadn't worked with for a long time came...it was a great time.

And I got a fantastic going away gift...something I never expected. Montana Silver Horse shoe earrings. they are beautiful.

Then I got the story behind them.

Apparently, Betty Ann and STacey sent Amber out to buy me a gift. Told her to go to Cole's Western Wear...and to buy me SPURS AND A WHIP. Poor Amber!!! She said "absolutely not" as she blushed. But off she trotted and picked out these stunning little earrings.

Everyone was very pleased. And then the question started "Does Carrie have pierced ears?" Can you believe that after 2 1/2 years, no one knew for sure. It was "I think so"..."maybe not"..."can't see her ears because of her long hair". Connie's comment was the funniest though, she said "well, the rest of us do so why wouldn't she". LOL

In any event, I do have pierced ears. Just never wear anything other than my little diamond studs. Guess now that I have these I will switch them out every once in a while. They definately won't just sit on my dresser with my belt buckle I got for christmas (that is actually very nice - i just don't wear belts). LOL

Carrie

5 comments:

Paige said...

So where are the pics? They sound pretty---but I can see why she hesitated at her instructions!

Carrie T said...

Pictures on the weekend. I PROMISE.

Elly'sMom said...

Yay! A nice relaxing day for you! Awesome Carrie! I would love to see pictures of the earrings. ; ) I bet they are cute. So do you start your new job on Monday or are you taking a short break first? Either way, I'm sure you'll be greatly missed at your old place of work. But they will Love you dearly at your new place! :) Of that I am sure!
Have a wonderful last day tomorrow!

Desiree Thomas said...

Well its nice they had that party for you and a gift what a lucky gal.. Good luck at the new one!
Desiree

Unknown said...

Thats really cool they through ya a ging away party and got you the earrings ! Now hopefully the new job will go seamlessly !