Monday, September 10, 2007

Boots and Blisters

Well, in getting ready for my new job, Doyle found me a pair of steel toed work boots. I have worn them off and on for a couple of days with yesterday being a long day in them - at least 5 hours - which is nothing when you think that I will be working a 10 hr day or so.

This morning I paid for it big time. Didn't realize it until I put the boots back on...but I have BLISTERS on the backs of my ankles. Right where the top of your running shoes would hit.

I tried everything I had at hand here at home. Thicker padded socks...bandaids under the socks. Nothing helped.

I didn't realize you could be that sore.

When the boots were on - I couldn't even pick my feet up off the floor and FORGET ABOUT WALKING. That was a stiff kneed - pick the feet straight up and down - frankenstien walk if I ever had one.

Doyle came home early from work and we tried everything with the boots themselves. Switched insoles...longer laces so we could tighten them up more (thinking that if they were tighter my feet wouldn't slid in the boots). No go. I couldn't even handle the boots on by this time.

So the next plan of action is to go and try on different brands and styles of boots tomorrow night with Doyle. Maybe we can find one that will work better. And maybe fit better. Doyle figures the ones I have are too big.

I have "itty bitty" feet. Normally wear a girl's 3 1/2 runner but buy a 4 1/2 to get my wide and high arches in them. These boots are a 5 in ladies and we think are just too large...lol So we will try a smaller pair tomorrow.

Carrie

1 comment:

Paige said...

You are such a freak.

It is stories like this that make me glad I do not have to wear shoes at work!