Sunday, August 17, 2008

WE DID IT!!!

Went riding - that is. LOL Not all at the same time as Bailey's confidence isn't to the level of me riding a stallion with her on her mare.

But Bailey did ride her horse for over an hour. And she did really well. Walked and trotted - did circles, figure 8's.


Then Melissa got home and caught Ace, and the two girls went for a trail ride - about 10 minutes down the road and back. And even though Skeena (Bailey's mare) wanted to get home really fast, Bailey managed to keep her to a walk. Had to do lots of pulling on the reins though.

Doyle fixed my old saddle so the stirrups move again.

While the girls were gone I caught up Hyde and rode for about 1/2 hr. We did lots of walking and turning. Trotted once around my arena and loped once around. Then went back to walking and turning.

I must be doing something wrong though because everytime I ask him for a tight hind end turn to the left at the walk he speeds up and trots off. LOL So back to the drawing board tomorrow to see if I can figure it out before we go to Jason's next. LOL

No comments: