Sunday, August 17, 2008

Fuel still very expensive

Despite a drop at the NYSE to $118.58 a barrel…gas continues to be very expensive.

Here in Alberta...we not only refine the oil - but it is dug up here as well...so there are no shipping costs of any sort. We do not buy on the world market as well.

Edmonton (where I work) has 2 of the largest oil refineries in Canada...the other is in Fort Saskatchewan which is only 25 minutes away.

Right now at the Flying J - which is the cheapest place you can buy gas. We are paying $1.269 per litre. which works out to $4.62 a US gallon (if I have my conversions right). That is for regular fuel

For diesel we are paying...$4.49 a gallon.

And it has dropped drastically since Paige was here...and since I went to Saskatoon with Hyde.

When I went with Hyde - I was paying between $1.359 and $1.469 for diesel.

1 comment:

Paige said...

Diesel has taken a dramatic drop here over the last two weeks--from an average of 4.78 a gallon to as low as 4.12 out at the interstate. At the BP by my house it is 4.39 still.

I bought gas for 3.63 Friday. It has been pushing 4 bucks and a little over.

Strange doings for sure