Sunday, August 17, 2008

Excitement at work and a gift - July 20

Just over a week ago, my co-worker Cathaleen became a little richer. We have what we call a "brass pool". There are tickets sold for $10 a piece. All the funds go into a pot. 10% off the top goes to registered charities. The balance goes to the owner of the pulled ticket.

Well, Cathaleen won just over $22K.

She had been talking about taking Pat and I out for dinner to celebrate her good "fortune"...and we were all looking forward to it.

Well, today, instead of setting a date and a time for that...she gave Pat 2 envelopes. One for Pat and one for myself. She then hightailed it out of the office - she has been sick - and is now on holidays. Pat put my envelope on my keyboard as I was out at a dr. appointment...but brought it up asap on my return. Told me to open it, read the letter and then we would discuss it. Needless to say that made me a little worried.

So I open this envelope. Inside is a short cute note from Cathaleen saying that she loves working with me....and here is a little something to help me out with either Hyde's vet bills...or "better yet" go spend it on something frivolous or on something that I have been dreaming of having for a long time.

She gave each of us a cheque...I don't want to say how much online but it was way more than she ever needed to give me for any reason.

Can you believe that? I could just choke her!!! Maybe I will when she gets back - but in a nice way. LOL

No comments: