Saturday, August 16, 2008

GOTTA RAISE

YIPPEE

I can't believe it. After so many years of working at places where raises were few and far between...I am on my 2nd raise with this new job. Not that I should be saying new anymore as it has been 9 months already.

Anyways. In January of every year you get a 'cost of living' raise - it was 2%. Then in July of every year, you get your big "experience - reviewed" raise. Well, I got 5.89%!!! This works out to in total almost $2/hr in increases in those 9 months.

THEN ON TOP OF THAT...they DOUBLED my VACATION!!! I now qualify for FOUR weeks a year instead of just TWO.

They determined the vacation increase when they did a survey on their vacation policy. They asked us all individually to submit our total year's experience in related jobs. So I put my 14 years as an administrative assistant and my 10 months data entry at a trucking company.

So that was a DOUBLE YIPPEE letter I got!!!

No comments: