Sunday, August 17, 2008

Still riding - August 2

Hyde and I enjoyed another short ride tonight in the pasture. there is a nice round clearing - probably 160 ft in diameter that is fairly flat - so that is where we worked today. I just did work at a walk again...did some figure eights, some stops, reverses, and tight turns. We then meandered around a little more of the pasture - closer to the house and road than he has been.

He just got nervous when we turned to go into the clearing and couldn't see the other horses tonight. Bounced a bit until I jabbed him with my heels and then he settled. then he spotted the neighbor riding in his field. OOPS. That didn't last long which was good...lol

My rides are very short but we are doing one a day. Which is really good for me. I don't want to overdo it for my back. I know Hyde could take more but I am happy with them...and what we are accomplishing. I am more comfortable each time I get up on him...which is a big thing.

Tomorrow I think we will return to the arena in the morning for a short ride before I head over to Jason's to ride GIDGET. That could be interesting as she only has 21 rides - EEPS. I HATE RIDING GREEN HORSES WHEN I FEEL SO GREEN MYSELF STILL. She comes home on Tuesday.

No comments: