Sunday, August 17, 2008

A pasture visit

Melissa and I went out to the pasture to check on everyone today...get up close and personal.

Everyone was up at the water trough so we got to see them all fast. Ding, of course, was right there - pet me pet me. So was Angel.

But the one that surprised me was Rondee. She came up but didn't want to be patted at first. She kept walking away...so we would turn around and go back to Angel, Lucky and Ding. She soon got tired of being ignored and stood there and let me pat her all over...head, neck, shoulders, back, hips. I was very happy. And the look on her face was priceless...her lower lip drooped and she half closed her eyes. She was really liking the attention I think.

Lucky is feeling and looking good...very little rib to feel...and her butt has filled in better again. I don't think Angel is in foal...even though she is round enough to be...her back end and legs are filthy...i am thinking "cycling mess".

No comments: