Sunday, August 17, 2008

Dr. appointment - July 22

Well, once again I traipsed off to the doctor. This time for my full physical. I have been sick more in the last 10 months than I have been in years. Flu, bladder infections, sinus problems, lung problems...you name it...I have probably had it.

So since I saw this dr. in March, I have had 2 rounds of lab work done...all results are NORMAL. Right smack dab in the middle of normal yet. Lungs sound fine...heart sounds fine. Body reacts to everything normally. Blood pressure is a little high so she wants me to monitor that myself for the next 10 days by going to the monitors that they have in the pharmacies...and then fax them to her.

She took family history but it didn't seem like she thought that any of the problems in my family would bother me - not sure why. I asked about menopause too and she said "you are having regular periods...you are not menopausal". And that was that about that. LOL

She did double check my thyroid by feel and said she wants an ultrasound of it as it feels enlarged (my sister has a goiter around hers and my mom has a cyst on hers). She is also having an ultrasound of my pelvic area - kidneys, bladder etc. as I am tender down there...and always seem to feel like I have a bladder infection starting...and going...and starting...and going.

So I guess we will wait to hear on that later.

Oh...also asked about my weight gain. Her big response was "watch what you eat". I gave her a run down of my normal daily food intake and she said "sounds good so I guess watch your portion control". I could have choked her. I asked about nutrisystem or jenny craig or anything like that and she said "weight watchers"...so I guess I will have to decide if that is the way for me to go - again. Didn't work the first time so ??? That is why I thought something like nutrisystem where your food is sent to you in portions. LOL Not quite as easy to cheat. LOL

Anyways...so I guess all my feeling crappy is in my head...hmmm...maybe I need a psychiatrist???

No comments: