Saturday, August 16, 2008

Calgary Stampede

Tuesday morning dawned bright and early and we headed to Calgary for the Stampede. We arrived at the hotel around 1 pm. Barry unhitched the truck and trailer and headed out to Banff to go biking. The rest of us went to the Stampede to do the rides and trade show.

Here Bailey and Shayne get set to spin on a ride:


Paige and I spent a few hours watching the cutting. Paige helped me with the settings on my camera and I was shocked to see that I actually got a few half decent ones. They would have been better if I had been closer - and without the fence in them...but good nonetheless.


Wednesday we went back to the stampede and watched the Rodeo in the afternoon...did some midway stuff/trade show stuff...and then went to the chuckwagon races and the grandstand show - which was really weird!! The fireworks were ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC. This time it was my camera's turn to not work so no pics of any of this...sorry.

Thursday morning was "home time" for everyone. Paige and Barry headed out south to go home and we headed north.

It was a great visit...but definately not long enough.

No comments: