Sunday, August 17, 2008

Helping people isn't always easy

Some friends of mine moved into town and brought their horses here to be boarded. Both horses were up for sale...but not moving.

Jason offered to take their mare to a sale for them and they agreed on that.

So I hauled her over to his place so that Jason and Dan could put a couple rides on her. She was at one point very well broke. But I just heard from them and apparently she is being an absolute cow. OH NO.

But they managed.

They then loaded her up to haul her to the auction house and ran into more problems with her. She started to colic. So Jason called the vet. Took her home...stayed up with her all night...then hauled her back to the auction where she ended up right at the end of the sale.

Jason ended up buying her back and taking her home. She is decently bred for a cutting horse so he is going to use her for test breedings on their stallion.

The hardest part of all this was the dealings with my friends...they were not overly helpful about the vet stuff when she was colicing...so that went on my bill. They also have not made much of an effort to see the mare here at my house but told me that they went all the way to this auction (which is around 3 hrs further than coming here) to say good-bye to her. That just kinda makes me mad.

No comments: