Monday, May 21, 2007

Updates on "The Boys"

Doyle and I travelled to Olds on Friday to check in with Dale Dodd (our wonderful trainer) and see how Hyde (Hard Rock N Haida) and Gunner (Young N High) are doing for her.

Hyde has been there since January 2 and Gunner since April 2. Both look fantastic. No more baby fat on Gunner and Hyde has sure grown into himself. Their color too is to "die for".

Hyde worked cows for us...and showed us just what he is made of. He is sooo alert and keen on them. He just wants to attack all the time. So Dale is having to do a lot of mechanical cow work with him. She said he is extremely trainable.




Gunner too is just having a fantastic go at Dale's. He is now advanced enough to be going on trail rides and will now be working in the large arena. He has taken all his training in stride so far.



Dale is very happy with both the boys and continually updates me via e-mail on their progress. I am soo excited for next year to get here already and to see them all in action in competition.

TTFN

Carrie

2 comments:

Elly'sMom said...

I'm sorry you were sick Carrie, I hope your feeling better. Semi looks so much better. The swelling has gone down so much which of course made everything look worse. I know someone who used "sterile" maggots for a deep wound and they did wonders. Although I don't know how you would bandage something like Semi's chest. I don't know if that would work in her case or not. But it is something to think about. They ate all the dead and dying flesh leaving only the healthy tissue. Anyway, Good JOB! I'm glad the days of her taking the antibiotics are over. :)

Lazy A Ranch said...

The boys look great and I am so glad you found Dale for a trainer.

I can't wait to see pictures of them cutting a cow!