Sunday, May 13, 2007

Semi - updated pictures (still gross)

Well...it has been an great Mother's Day.

Very nice and quiet. Went out for an early dinner (Bailey - my 11 year old - had a birthday party at 5 to attend)...then for groceries, DQ and then home.

Got Semi's meds ready - same way as this morning - and she was great again. Took them like a big girl.

We went outside to hose the cuts off and spent some time scrubbing her legs. She is such a good girl for this stuff. She just stands there as I am kneeling in front of her (I know, I know...totally not safe) and she just either eats a bit of grass and dribbles it on my back - or nuzzles my head.

I then let her eat some grass while everything dried. We took some pics and then put her away for the night with her dinner.

Her mood is much improved from yesterday, she is walking with more speed and impulsion, and is showing more interest in the outside world once again. She also drank a full 5 gallon pail between 10 and 6...which is fantastic.

Here is a picture from tonight.



TTFN

Carrie

2 comments:

Elly'sMom said...

Hey Carrie,

It's looking pretty good. Those wounds are huge. I'm sure Semi will heal well though and be back to normal before you know it. :) I have used Karo Syrup to admin meds with and have great luck with it. I use it just like the molasses. It's so much easier to do the pills vs the shots, cause you know they have got to get tired of being stuck over and over again. Let's hope that Semi continues to eat her meds well. ; ) Another thing that I've used also is yogurt. I've tried the apple flavor, banana (they didn't like that one), some sort of maple flavored and they worked OK, but not nearly as well as the Karo. Anyway, you and Semi are in my prayers and thoughts! Keep up the good work!

Lazy A Ranch said...

Carrie,

Attached is the link to this medicine I have used, it is really good stuff and can help your mare.

http://underwoodhorsemedicine.com/testimonials.htm