Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sept 4 - DATE NIGHT

Doyle and I decided at the last minute to take in the World Professional Chuckwagon races at Edmonton Northlands.

Doyle called and got us reservations at Colors Restaurant. The restaurant has 5 levels of seating with floor to ceiling windows so that every seat can see the track. The lowest level of seats is probably only 20 feet up from the ground outside.

Our seats were on the 2nd lowest level and we were about 100 yards past the finish line. And the food was fantastic. We both had prime rib and baked potatoes...and started with a shrimp cocktail.

I sure wish I had brought my camera as I would have had a great angle to take pictures.

The action was great. They ran 10 races. Jason Glass had already cinched the title..which made me very happy as we grew up not to far from each other (many years ago).

There weren't many penalties either which was great.

It was a great night.

No comments: