Sunday, October 4, 2009

August 21 - out with the old - in with the new

Despite the fact that the lawyers in Vegreville were unavailable to meet up with me, I was offered and accepted the job.

It was such a relief to go in and give my notice at my timekeeper/payroll job. The job, while busy, was a good one. The 1 hr commute and all the overtime was the part that dragged me down.

I couldn't devote any time to anything else as I was exhausted by the time I came home from work, got supper done and cleaned up around the house a bit. Plus the fact that on my weekends off, it was spent getting groceries, cleaning, laundry etc. as I wouldn't have another chance for another 2 weeks.

The job at the law firm is doing real estate with another lady...they are busy enough that they need two of us. She will take care of the main part and I will do all the reports and follow-up stuff (whatever that means). It has been awhile, which despite what other firms have said this year, doesn't seem to matter to them.

The pay is pretty good. It is a paycut from Jacobs but that is to be expected...jobs from different aspects of life here as the current job is with a company in the Oil and Gas industry. But the time home and the commute being cut in half each way, plus not having to purchase a bus pass a month is a great big savings.

they also offer a pension plan, benefit package, rrsp plan and a bunch of other things.

SOOO EXCITED!!!

No comments: