Sunday, October 4, 2009

August - misc updates

Work is still hectic. Still learning - or trying to. Have been putting in lots of OT - something that I really don't want to do again. So talked to the boss about it and said "I really can't be doing this much OT due to the kids, horses, life etc" and he said "I understand and things are going to change right away". So I relaxed. Then 4 days later, he came out and said "Until further notice, you will all be working 12 and 2.". Which means we will be working 12 days and then getting 2 off...so much for "understanding". I also booked the September long weekend off as they seem to have issues with you needing a weekend off or a "whole" weekend off. He asked "why"...so I told him I had plans. He asked what...I told him I was going out of town. He said "we will have to discuss it later"...WHAT???? So needless to say, I am not happy.

I had a girlfriend e-mail me a job ad not realizing I was working so I responded to it. I have an interview tomorrow (Monday) after work. It will be a pay cut from what I am getting at this job but if I get this newer one I will be working in Vegreville which will be half the commute time - half the gas - and no bus pass to purchase...so it would all work out in the end. This new one is at a law firm doing real estate stuff.

Hay is growing really good for a 2nd cut...now to hope that the weather cooperates. I did, however, notice on Friday while driving into work that the leaves in places are already starting to turn yellow.

Kids are getting ready for school. Only 14 days left of summer vacation. Bailey and I went and got her school supplies last night and we will be going to get Shayne's this afternoon along with a few new clothing items for both.

I am hoping I start to feel better this week too as I have been feeling sick - really sore throat - for the last week...and TIRED. I slept lots yesterday and felt good last night. So maybe I am on the way back. I have also started playing with my camera again...going to do the dvd that came with it this week and then get going on my course again.

No comments: