Sunday, October 4, 2009

August 16 - Mare update

All are looking really good. Am happy with how they are getting along.

Ding is headed to the trainer in 2 weeks.


Gidget may go again for one last attempt.


And Rondee will just stay home and be a broodmare.


All three girls are due at the same time. I think Gidget is just fatter. LOL She is a thicker built horse too. I think Gidget and Rondee are due the same day and Ding the day after. Ding doesn't look preggo at all yet. But they would all only be 3 months along.

This is going to be my biggest foal season ever. I am nervous but also excited. It will be very cool to see what Paige's breeding program will do (Gunner - Rondee and Ding) mixed together like this.

We are still struggling with grass. Not as bad...but still could use more rain. 2nd cut on the hay crops doesn't look great either - it is all pretty short. Our leaves are turning already and we had frost on the lawn this morning when I went to work.

No comments: