Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Personal Fitness program - 2 weeks in

Well, it has been two weeks since I got my final set of exercises for my personal fitness program. Things have been going really well…well almost everything.

Most of the exercises are doing something – I think. I feel better…can move better…and my clothes are fitting a little looser.

I am, however, having some problems with a couple of the lower body exercises. They are really hurting my back. I am really concerned about this because I don’t want to really hurt myself. My back has been really bad for so long that I don’t want to have to stop doing all this.

Today is my nutritional evaluation and the day to “tweak” any problems I am having with the exercises…to get Brenda to check my form…and to see if we should modify anything.

We sat down and went through my food journal. She said I am doing really good…but would like me to substitute eating so much cheese and grains for more “real” fruits and vegetables. The reason I say “real” fruit is I have developed a love for apple sauce. LOL
But other than that she says I am doing really well.

As for the exercises, my form is good on most of them. But the ones that have been hurting my back, I am doing them way way too strongly. If that makes sense. I am positioning myself as if I am fit and in really good shape…when I am SOOOO not. So we modified my positioning and YIPPEE…they don’t hurt.

I head back in 2 weeks for my fitness evaluation (pushups and all that joy) as well as my first weigh in and measurements

No comments: