Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Shayne gets better - Feb 15

Shayne was entered into an Adult Bowlspiel on Sunday, Feb 15. He bowled against approximately 60 other people.

When I picked him up afterwards, I asked him how he thought he did and he said “okay…pretty good”. I asked his coach who also bowled and he said “Shayne did really well…was calm and focused all day”. The coach had put him on a team with one of his friends who is really good with young up and coming bowlers so I think that really helped. Kevin, the coach, said his friend kept Shayne going really well…gave him gentle reminders on form etc.

Anyways…last night when we were at league practice for the kids, Shayne was recognized for how well he really did do at the tournament.

Shayne came in TENTH place out of 60 competitors in the POA (pins over average) section of the tournament.

I am soo proud of him!!!

No comments: