Saturday, August 4, 2007

Wow - time is flying

I can't believe it has been so long since I last posted. And this will be the last one for a little while again as I am headed out in the morning for vacation.

Things here have been HOT. Our weather has been unreal this year. I know most of you in the states are used to hot weather but we, up here in Canada, are not...or at least not used to it happening like this day after day after day.

the horses are all doing really well. We have finally managed to get the fencing under control to the point that we could move the big herd to a new larger pasture - that actually has grass. And Molson and Sonny are now pasture pals and doing great - also moved to a new pasture.

We brought Semi home on Thursday night after breeding her to my friend Sharon's stallion, Peppers Gunsmoke. Here's hoping that this one took!! Her chest is doing great - still a little scabby in a couple places though so we are still looking after it as well as we can.

Still no luck selling anyone but that's okay - they can wait until I get home. Melissa, my oldest, will be home while we are away and she is comfortable showing them but not actually selling them. So if anyone does come out, she will just tell them that I will be home around the 20th and they can call then.

Dale is still thrilled with the boys. So that is always a bonus. I keep watching the video I got of the last visit down there and still get goosebumps watching Hyde work the cows.

Well, time to run off to bed. We are off early in the morning to my parents in BC - hauling the new "mobile guest house". It will be nice to see Mom and Dad and the little brats (Shayne and Bailey).

Will write when I get home and show off the beautiful BC scenery that I, of course, will capture on film in all it's glory again this year. LOL

TTFN

Carrie

2 comments:

Lazy A Ranch said...

Is this a different stallion than who you bred her to at Dales?

Have lots of fun, I can't wait to see all of the pictures. And relax.

Carrie T said...

Hey Melissa.

Yes this is a different stallion. He is bred similar though. Peppy San grandson on the top and Mr. Gunsmoke grandson on the bottom. He is a finished cutter - not sure if he has earnings though. He is a real sweetheart. I got to ride him a few summers ago as he is the quietest horse Sharon owns. He is all chromed up too so baby should be nice if Semi did catch.

Holiday is going good so far. No major issues. LOL But we still have a week to go.

C