Friday, August 10, 2007

Vacation - the first few days

Saturday morning dawned cloudy and cool…which is perfect weather for travelling in my book. We started off just an hour late – which is better than normal for us. LOL

We headed off to Red Deer to see Dr. Smith (my chiropractic genius) to see if he could figure out why I haven’t been getting better. I took with me the 3 reports from Dr. Harris, Ann (my IMS therapist) and Lisa (my massage therapist). He read them over and then took me into his x-ray room and took a bunch of pics. Said he would compare them to the results I brought with me. He then proceeded to give me a fantastic treatment. He got things to move that I KNOW haven’t for a LONG time. I felt relief immediately. I am going to see him again on our way home and get his opinion at that time as to what can be done for my poor body.

After leaving Red Deer, we travelled south some more, by-passing Calgary and all it’s congestion. We ended up spending the night in a road side rest stop by Skookumchuk as all camp grounds in the area were full (what else should we expect for the August long weekend).

Sunday morning we headed out to mom and dad’s in Wyndell. We arrived around 10 am…startling all. They weren’t expecting us until at least 3. LOL Ha Ha – got the last laugh on that one.

The afternoon weather was bright and sunny so we headed to the beach at Twin Bays for some water fun…or rather so Doyle and the kids could have some water fun. I sat on the beach and soaked up some rays.

On Monday, the forecast was for rain so we loaded into the truck and headed over the “Pass” for Trail. We did some shopping at WalMart (groceries and some trailer items that we realized that we did need after all). Then went to the Colander for spaghetti. Aunty Linda and Uncle Marvin met us there for the 4th year in a row. We caught up on all the kids and grandkids and had a great visit. We then headed to Fruitvale to visit with Aunty Ilene and Uncle John, who normally also join us for spaghetti. Uncle John is recovering from surgery (hip replacement). It sure is good to see him more upright and in such good spirits.

TTFN

Carrie

p.s. pics will follow once I get home

1 comment:

Paige said...

Sounds like the kind of family visiting I can tolerate--in and out and on to the next one!