Monday, August 20, 2007

Hyde and Gunner - August 2007

Well, it was a month and a day between visits to Dale's to see the boys. I was very excited as Dale had been telling me that they were advancing by leaps and bounds.

Hyde is getting very quick in his turns and is just amazing. And Gunner has finally had his "come to Jesus" moment and is working nicely for Dale (finally!!).

When we arrived we had a little chat with Dale - just catching up. Also introduced Shayne and Bailey to her as they had not been down before. Then Dale said "want to see my new pet?" She laughed and said "I have a duck...named Flower". Flower was born in a flower pot on her lake lot. Momma duck took off so Dale kept Flower. She had him in the house but he now lives in the barn as Dale is away at a futurity in Oregon this week.

We started this time with Gunner. Boy what a difference in attitude. He was actually interested in working. He looked happy too. Very calm and relaxed. Dale is working the mechanical cow and also tracking cows with him now. Her main comment was if he continues with the learning and not fighting, he could well be better than Hyde. That is exciting.





Hyde blew me away yet again. His speed and agility is something to watch. He isn't quite working on his own yet but soon. Dale doesn't correct him very often. And he is prepared for every move that the cow makes. And you can actually see him set himself up - it is just amazing.






Dale and I also discussed Hyde showing in October. She isn't sure if he will be ready...said he probably could be if she really pushed him...but she doesn't want to. Doyle and I told her that the final decision has to be hers as she is the expert. We don't want to push him and blow his mind. She said she would push a little bit more than she is now when she gets back and we will make the determination on the show around September 3. So keep watching.

I am just stoked about all this still.

TTFN

Carrie

8 comments:

Paige said...

It is so cool that I can see both their mothers and their fathers in them. Some days Gunner looks just like High Brow but teh expression in that pic is all Diablo.

And Hyde looks just like his daddy.

MicBel QH said...

Congrats Carrie on the good horse report! They are both looking good!

Lazy A Ranch said...

I love the reports and pictures Carrie, keep them flowing. I can't wait until they win their first dollar. They are going to be great and you are so lucky.

Carrie T said...

Thanks everyone. I am just tickled pink everytime I am down there. I could cry I am sooo happy. Man...dreams really can come true hey?

THANKS PAIGE

C

Elly'sMom said...

They look Fantastic! All grown up and big boys playing in the big boy league. Especially Hyde. Wow what a difference. Just his head has really taken that stud look to it. He's so handsome. They do look great working Carrie. Are they both cutters then? Mike was thinking about going that route with Cotie. I know he doesn't have the set up Dale has by any means, so I don't know. He did say sorting too, so which way he thinks is best is what we will do. Anyway, they look so good. I sure wish I could come up for the first show. Dang it! Maybe I can duct tape Sabrina closed or something, that way ..... hahahaha... I am going to make it up there, I swear!

Paige said...

I am as excited for you Carrie as if it were happening to me, I swear!
The only down side is that there will not be any more High Brows, and precious few Haidas Little Peps, and we sure cannot recreate Hyde at this stage of the game.

It does my heart good to see you guys follow this through to the place these boys deserve to be--

Carrie T said...

Thanks Leigh

I am so excited I get breathless just thinking about watching them show. I am sure I will hyperventilate each and everytime they work a cow in the ring. LOL

They are both cutters. She has a fantastic set up. And having a husband that runs a feed lot sure works to her advantage.

Carrie T said...

Paige,

Well, you are sure going to live each and every step with me and them that is for sure. And if we can do it, you will be here for at least a month next year - Supreme and Calgary - all between Sept 25 and Oct 15. Those will be the two big ones for the boys.

Was reading the "NCHA Chatter" and there is a big "Stakes" or something in Forth Worth for 4 year olds - wonder if Hyde would be ready for that??? And wouldn't that be a KICKER!!!

As for very few HBH and HLP boys out there. I have been told that more and more lately that I was very lucky to get in on them. And that is all thanks to you!!!

C