Sunday, June 24, 2007

Wow - another week flies by

Hey all,

I can't believe it is the start of another week. Time is just flying by. School lets out for my kids on Wednesday (Canada goes until June). And man...are they ever looking forward to it. Me - not so much - as this means MANY MANY MANY phone calls at work with the usual "Mom...Shayne did". And "Mom...can we". LOL

Semi is still at Dale's and has been bred to Whata Sansation (Docs Hotrodder/Peppy San). I am sooo looking forward to this cross. Best be a filly!!! Dale was very happy with Semi...said she was great girl. Her wound is also looking fantastic. I can't believe it has been 7 weeks already. Dale took a picture of her chest for me and WOW...another 4 weeks and I bet you will hardly be able to tell that there was anything there.



Hyde and Gunner are still going through their ups and down with their training. Hyde has been good for a few days while Gunner is being a little brat. I sure hope they get their acts together and start proceeding with their training.

All the horses here are doing great. I turned Sonny and Ace out with the mare herd on Saturday morning. It went fairly well. Sonny has decided that he still needs to act the part of the stallion (was gelded in May 2006) and is keeping Ace from joining the group. It is funny. I think he may actually lose some weight as he is more intent on keeping Ace out than eating. LOL

I also gave Molson a pasture pal in Dolly. I figure who better than a 12 year old preggo broodmare to teach a yearling stallion to be a good boy.

Dolly's eye, I think, is as good as it is going to get. I have not noticed a change in it for 2 weeks now. I am, however, going to buy a fly mask to give her a bit of sun protection for another month.

TTFN

Carrie

1 comment:

Elly'sMom said...

WOW Carrie Semi sure looks great! That wound is almost gone! I can't get over it. I guess time does heal all wounds... ;)

So it must be the season cause Cotie has been testing me as of late also. Not bad, just enough to keep me on my guard. Sounds like those boys of yours are doing the same. :( Hopefully they will all get over their hormonal selves! And SOON! LOL