Saturday, June 2, 2007

A fine Saturday has come and gone

After 7 months of winter, we could hardly wait for the hot weather of summer to arrive. Well, it has and wouldn't you know it...we are all complaining now that it is TOO HOT. I guess when you go from -30 to -40 Celcius to +30 Celcius it is quite a change to get used to. To think that just 2 weeks ago I was outside doctoring Semi in my winter clothes - 2 pairs of sweats, winter boots, jacket, gloves and my touque (wool hat). Amazing!!!

Everyone did really well today. I left the barn door open in the hopes that it would help Dolly's eye...thinking that maybe being so closed in and the smells (etc.) from the barn being closed all the time were affecting things. It seemed to help a little bit...it isn't watering nearly as much...but still too much for my liking. It is almost like she is crying. On the other hand...the eye is looking soo much better. The cloudy film is almost completely gone...the eye is now looking more brown than silver. And the yellow "gouge" spot is slowly disappearing as well.

Semi is doing soo well, I turned her out behind the barn today for an hour - it is a little bigger than what the vet wanted her in - but the only small area I have...and she was LOPING the brat. She also tries to yank the back sliding door of the barn open for the first 10 minutes if I am inside. I guess she wants to be with me.

Molson is on the other side of the fence from her when she is outside. Boy, is she cranky with him. Poor little man. He has been without a pasture mate since Gunner went to Dale's at the beginning of April.

I went out to the big pasture and groomed the 3 young girls. It is amazing what 2 days in a small pen dragging a lead rope can do to a youngsters mind. I didn't have to catch anyone. They just stood there for the brushing. It was great. Now to take pictures of them tomorrow for their sale pages.

Have a good night everyone.

TTFN

Carrie

2 comments:

All Blog Spots said...

nice blog

Carrie T said...

Thanks. it is my first one - and it is helping me document my mares recovery from her injury.