Monday, September 21, 2009

Spring Bowling Camp-out

Coach Kevin, Coach Corinne, Doyle and I braved the elements and the kids to do an overnight camp out at Pinehurst Lake.

Doyle and the kids left at 8:30 to head to Vegreville to help pack things into the trailer and load the kids up. Kevin and Corinne took their truck and the boat.

By the time I arrived after my interview, everything was set up. Maybe it was a good thing I was late. LOL

We settled in to making supper that night.




And then enjoyed each other's company around the campfire.



There are just a few rules that the kids follow while camping to make the experience a learning one...each child is required to provide some of the food (burgers, eggs, etc.) and what they provide they must cook. I think it is a great idea. Some of these kids have not ever been camping and certainly have never cooked outdoors/over a fire...and in one case...NEVER tried to cook anything before.



After all the kids had gotten out on the boat and had their "middle of the lake" swim, it was the adults turn. Kevin, Doyle and I headed out. I took pictures while Kevin and Doyle fished (nothing caught).


As it was just an overnight trip, we packed up in the early afternoon (just before the rain).



I must say I was very proud of the entire bunch. There were no squabbles at all...even amongst the girls. And everyone pitched in and helped.

Even though I am not much of a camper...I look forward to going again next year.

No comments: