Monday, September 21, 2009

July 11 - BUSY BUSY BUSY

It has been a whirlwind this last week with the new job. There has been so much to take in and so many new procedures etc. to learn even though I am doing the same type of work as last year. There are a lot of new things with this job too. With my old company all I did was enter the time and then the payroll girls did all the reconciliations and reports but at this job...I am not only doing the timekeeping but all the reports as well. Their computer program is also NOT as user friendly. Lots more keystrokes to do the same stuff. So by the end of the day, my fingers are SORE SORE SORE.

But it is very metally stimulating as you have to constantly think through every step. And I like that.

I worked Saturday - so a day of OT already - and it sounds like that will continue indefinately.

I have also been asked to go up to Fort McMurray tomorrow night (Monday) to go through the Syncrude orientation at the plant site as well as the "J" orientation. This is to facilitate the work load I think. Nothing specific was said just that they needed one of us to go up there and do this and they picked me. So my flight leaves at 5:45 tomorrow night and I come home Tuesday night. I will be one tired girl!!

Not that I am not tired now. I slept a full 11 hrs last night. This getting up at 5 am is hard now that I haven't done it for 9 months. I am sure I will get used to it again...but it may take a few more weeks. I managed to get all my laundry done, go for a pasture walk and see everyone. I think they missed me as I was going out there 2 - 3 x per day before I got the job but have been too tired the last few days. Everyone came right up for pats...even Dolly!! After that, Doyle and I went to town for a lunch date and then got groceries. it was a relaxing day and I needed it.

Anyways...it is now 9:30 and I am going to head to bed. I have no idea what exactly is in front of me for work tomorrow nor do I know what to expect when I get to Ft. Mac. I sure hope I don't have to ride the big bus with the trades people!!!

No comments: