Monday, September 21, 2009

July 11 - maybe in trouble???

I got a letter in the mail from the gov't asking where I was in January.

I put on my EI report that I was unavailable for work - did not claim the funds.
they are wanting a written explanation.

I have got it mostly done up...waiting for an e-mail from one of the staffing agencies as she contacted me while we were in Mexico and we set up an interview for the week I got back. So hopefully that will help my case.

They state in the letter that they are not "at this time" requesting re-payment.

UPDATE: I sent away my letter explaining my absences as I also had to list the vacation I took with the kids to my parents in March and the day I was away in Toronto with Bailey at Bowling Nationals. I printed off all relevant documentation from the EI site and also the e-mails regarding the interviews that I set up while in Mexico. I have not heard anything back from them at this point (September) so am hoping that all is well.

No comments: