Saturday, May 24, 2008

Update on Lucky - April 4

Went out this am at 4:30 to check on the old girl. She is NOT happy about being in the stall...talked to me the whole time I was getting her grain, hay and bute ready. Met me right at the door of the stall ready to jump out. Good thing she is well behaved.

Had the big flashlight with me and checked out the leg. The swelling has gone down considerably from the knee to half way down the cannon bone. It feels "lumpy" along the inside of the cannon bone - like a bump. It is soft and very tender so I wonder if she hit it and then with all the walking on it made it swell???

Anyways. Gave her more bute, half her grain (5 lbs), and her hay (which she had completely cleaned up from last night). Also rubbed her down with the linament again.

Her walk is a lot more even today...she is bearing more weight on the leg this morning as well.

Got home from work and went to check on her and she is much better tonight. Swelling is down to just the fetlock and just an inch above. Still fairly tender as she didn't want me squeezing it to see if I could tell where exactly it is sore.

She is also bearing full weight on it again and pacing the stall.

No comments: