Monday, November 10, 2008

Update on Hyde

We went back to the vet today as I was unsure if the foot was getting better or not. While he is walking better for the most part, there are still times where he seems unsure on the foot.

Dr. Doyle met us at the door and said "bring him right in". We went into the radiology room and she took x-rays of his foot. There are still signs of "gas" in the foot so I am to continue with the epsom salt soaks 2 x per day for the next 3 days...as well as get the farrier out to try to open up the foot more for it to drain.

I also asked the vet about Iccthamol and she said "if you can find some - go for it". I laughed and said "my girlfriend sent me some from the US". She said "that's great!!". I guess she didn't hear me last week when I said I had some.

So we are still working on the problem...but it is getting better. Thank goodness.

Oh...his behaviour today at the clinic was really good again. There were mares in the clinic this time and after an initial "hey ladies" and a smack from me to say "enough"...he just dropped his head and walked past them...not even flicking an ear. Everyone got a good chuckle out of it.

No comments: