Thursday, November 6, 2008

New Chiropractor

I made a change in my chiropractic treatment. I have started visiting Dr. Fischer in Vegreville.

His practice is very interesting. When I first arrived, I had to fill out some paperwork on my back issues, life issues (accidents etc.) and some family medical history. Then I watched a short video on Chiropractic care.

When all that was done, I went into an exam room and he came in and sat down. We spent the next 1/2 hr or so just taking about my back, health, and what he thinks he can do for me.

The next step was some stretching exercises so he could see what some of my immediate issues were. He has some charts on his wall and as he was doing the stretching he was showing me on the charts where those specific vertebrae are attached to - nerve endings and where they go as well as the different internal organs that problems there can affect. It was very interesting.

He then put me into a different room and called his assistant to do some "scans". These are done with the aid of a computer and some hand held instruments.

The first was a "Thermal Scan". This scan reveals skin temperature deviations. (taken from the information sheet)...These findings can indicate impairment to nervous system control and regulation of your heart, lungs, stomach and other vital organs.

The next scan was with little padded probes. There were two tests that this did at the same time:

1. Static EMG Scan: A typical first visit scan. The presence and severity of abnormal muscle activity is indicated by size and color. Yellow or shortened white indicators reveal muscle weakness or excess tissue thickness.

2. Asymmetry: Muscle balance is shown by this scan. Colored spikes show areas of abnormal tension. These areas can cause fatigue and may be associated with scoliosis. Long-term neglect may lead to spinal decay.

After all that, I was taken back out to the reception, given a sheet for x-rays and we made my next appointment.

I had been hoping for an adjustment but he didn't want to do anything until after he got the scan results and the x-rays.

But I was very happy with how thorough he was being.

No comments: